According to the Antimoon website:
typical English classes are not an effective way to learn English. They produce very slow progress, especially after you reach the intermediate level. Most learners, after years of attending classes, cannot speak English without making a lot of mistakes in grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.
Instead, the Antimoon Method requires “massive amounts of input”, such as reading 60 pages and listening to 6 hours of English every week. It advises you not to focus on grammar rules. You should try to eliminate mistakes early on.
The site identifies seven myths:
- The best way to learn a foreign language is to go to a foreign country
- The best way to learn a foreign language is to speak it
- It is OK to make mistakes
- As a beginner, you’re bound to make a lot of mistakes
- You are a foreigner, therefore you will always have a foreign accent
- If you didn’t learn a foreign language as a child, you will never be fully proficient in its grammar
- Studying pronunciation is not important
You can read more about the Antimoon Method here.