Norwich Economic Papers is a journal written and edited by UEA School of Economics students, some of them graduates of INTO. In fact, one of our student wardens is the current editor.
There are 18 volumes so far, dating from 2010 to 2018. The latest volume includes articles on:
- wage discrimination on Irish immigrants
- the environmental impact of plastic waste
- why people smoke
- the fiscal viability of Universal Basic Income.
You can read all of the volumes online.
Can’t concentrate or sleep because your neighbours are talking too loudly? Read What’s the best way to block the sound of a voice? from the blog Making Noise & Hearing Things.
According to the author, there are three ways to block out sound waves:
- Isolation: e.g. earplugs, earbuds, headphones
- Damping: e.g. wall-hangings, rolled-up towels under doors, heavy curtains, rugs
- Masking: e.g. a fan, white noise or music, noise-cancelling headphones or earbuds.
The site myNoise has some suitable noise tracks for masking: for example, Irish Coast or White Noise.