Sport in History is the quarterly academic journal of the British Society of Sports History.
Some examples of articles:
- Her own hero: the origin of the women’s self-defense movement
- Game of privilege: an African American history of Golf
- The turbulent world of Middle East soccer
- It’s Rough Game but Good Sport: The Life, Times and Personalities of the Shanghai Rugby Football Club
- The East Asian Olympiads 1934–2008, Building Bodies and Nations in Japan, Korea, and China
You can read it online through UEA Library.
From The Times, 20th May 1961:
From the Times Digital Archive.
For more on Earlham Park Golf Club, see this page.
Apparently there’s some kind of international ball-kicking contest starting soon.
The British Council’s Premier Skills English website has a competition in which you can predict the results (and improve your English at the same time).