Fill the blanks in the following equation, so that it makes arithmetical sense:
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 = 2019
You are allowed to use any of the basic mathematical operations, +, –, x, ÷, and as many brackets as you like.
There are various solutions, including this one: ((10 × 9 × 8) – (7 × 6) – 5) × ((4 –3) + (2 × 1))
Zoology is the study of animals. But do you know the meanings of its various branches? Do the quiz!
Do you know your ghosts from your goblins? Read the 12 definitions and provide the correct fantasy words.
Drag the words into the right boxes.
Can you give the correct forms for the verbs in square brackets?
- They fell asleep soon after they had [lie] down.
- Once again the dog had [lay] its head on her lap.
- He remembered he had [drink] the cocktail before.
- I got up immediately after I had [wake] up.
- Their efforts failed, though everyone had [strive] for success.