ConceptNet is “a freely-available semantic network, designed to help computers understand the meanings of words that people use.”
Enter the word dog, for example, and the results include:
- Related terms (e.g. pet, animal, chinese zodiac)
- dog is capable of… (e.g. bark, guide a blind person, corner a cat)
- Types of dog (e.g. poodle, corgi, puppy)
- Location of dog (e.g. a kennel, a park)
- dog has… (e.g. four legs, fleas, paws)
- dog doesn’t want… (e.g. a bath, go to the vet, be left home alone).
For more information on ConceptNet, read the FAQ.