- Analysing and evaluating information | The Smarter Student
- Data, information and decisions | Business Student’s handbook
- Preparing for research | Study Skills for Part-Time Students
- Research skills and orientations | Ultimate Study Skills Handbook
- Using electronic library resources | Essential Study Skills
UEA Library Search
- Go to Library Search.
- Type a few letters in the search box. Some suggested search terms will appear.
- Enter your terms and click Search.
- You will get a list of results.
Sometimes you will see a Research Starter at the top of the results. This is an introduction to the topic. For example, there are Research Starters on Global warming and Marketing strategy.
- Books should be listed next. If not, click on Catalogue Only on the left of the screen:
- For a printed book, check its location, call number and status, so that you can find the book on the library shelves.
- For an e-book, click on the link (e.g. Online access or Connect to MyiLibrary resource).
- To see a bibliographical reference for the book, click on Cite on the right of the screen.
- To see only articles, click on Articles (Peer Reviewed) on the left of the screen.
- You can drag the Publication Date slider to show only recent articles.
- If the link says Check SFX for Full Text, on the next page click the top Go button.
- There may be a Cite icon to the right of the article text. Click on it to see a bibliographical reference for the article.