The Smithsonian Channel is a collection of short educational videos on science and other subjects. For example:
- Baby hedgehog quills don’t harden right away
- How the CIA turned the tables on Soviet industrial espionage
- Is sibling rivalry an important survival tool for lion cubs?
- The astounding length of seaweed in the Sargasso Sea
- This ingenious system brings water to the Chinese desert
- This prehistoric fish makes a great white look like a goldfish
- Why beetles are such an evolutionary success
- Why Wales is the place to see amazing Roman forts
The videos have subtitles. There are other video categories at the Smithsonian’s main Videos page.