- Academic ReadingUniversity of Sheffield
- ReadingEAP Foundation
- Develop strategies for reading and note makingMonash University
- ReadingBritish Council LearnEnglish
- Reading Skills for Academic StudyUEfAP
- Reading topics from Study ZoneChoose a level then click on Reading
- How to Use Your Reading in Your Essays by Jeanne Godfrey. 2nd edn. (2013)
- Reading At University by Gavin J. Fairbairn and Susan A. Fairbairn (2001)
- Critical reading and note-making
Critical Thinking Skills by Stella Cottrell. 3rd edn. (2017)
- Critical reading and note taking
The Business Student’s Handbook by Sheila Cameron. 6th edn. (2016)
- Effective academic reading
How to Write Essays & Assignments by Kathleen McMillan and Jonathan Weyers. 2nd edn. (2011)
- How can I understand my topic?
Getting Ahead as an International Student by Dave Burnapp (2009)
- Reading: a complex skill
Study Skills for International Postgraduates by Martin Davies (2011)
- Reading: developing critical approaches
Academic Writing : A Handbook for International Students by Stephen Bailey. 5th edn. (2017)
- Reading strategies and speed reading
Study Skills for Students with Dyslexia by Sandra Hargreaves (ed.). 2nd edn. (2012)
- Taking it in and working it out
Ultimate Study Skills Handbook by Sarah Moore et al. (2010)
Finding things to read
INTO Resource Centre has graded readers and some general fiction. UEA Library has a large literature section.
- BrowZineBrowse academic journals
- Norfolk LibrariesJoin to borrow printed books, ebooks, audiobooks and e-magazines
- Open LibraryBorrow free ebooks. You need to sign up first.
- PressReaderMagazines and newspapers from around the world*
- Project GutenbergFree ebooks
You can also find free ebooks on Amazon, Apple Books, Google Play, etc.*Off-campus: Click on Sign in then Library or Group. In the search box type anglia and choose UEA, then OpenAthens.