Instruction words 2
Instruction words and phrases in essay questions tell you how you should answer the question. For example: Compare and contrast the Gold Standard with the Bretton Woods system.
Click on the instruction words (or phrases) in these essay questions. Questions may have more than one instruction word.
- Evaluate with examples from at least two differing organisations the difference between the terms Information Systems and Information Technology.
- What can managers do to facilitate effective communication in organisations? Use theory and research to support your answer.
- ‘Possession of clever planning systems and electronic connectivity is almost a pre-requisite. Yet like an axe in the hands of a madman, these tools can be very destructive.’ Examine the issues raised in the statement above.
- You are working on a project to select a new student records system for the university. The new system will be an ‘off-the-shelf’ package. What criteria would you use to select such a package? Rank the criteria in order of importance to the university, justifying your ranking.
- Describe how your life as a student is different due to IT developments over the past decade.
- What are some of the sources of resistance to change in organisations and how can these effects be minimised? Include relevant theory and research in your answer.
- Provide evidence to support the following statement: ‘The growth of e-commerce is due to both business and technological innovations’.
- Critique the following statements: It would cost us £800,000 to build this system, but we can purchase an equivalent package for £125,000. Therefore, we can save £675,000 by purchasing the software package.