How to Argue is a book by the lawyer Jonathan Herring.
Do you hate arguments and avoid them at all costs? Or do you
just find that you keep losing them? Perhaps even when you
win, somehow you feel it has all been counter-productive?
If so, this is the book for you. It will teach you how to argue
The book lists 10 golden rules:
- Be prepared
- When to argue, when to walk away
- What you say and how you say it
- Listen and listen again
- Excel at responding to arguments
- Watch out for crafty tricks
- Develop the skills for arguing in public
- Be able to argue in writing
- Be great at resolving deadlock
- Maintain relationships
It is available through O’Reilly, which UEA Library has (temporary?) access to. You will need to register using your UEA email address.
Most of the books and videos on O’Reilly are IT-related, but there are other topics, such as professional communication (e.g. writing and presenting).