Ballet dancers talk about the tutu
Watch the video, answer the questions on a piece of paper, then check your answers.
- “On the one hand you’ve got this tight, tight little bodice which
- What do tutus stop dancers from doing?
Getting close to each other
- How long would it take to make the Mirliton costume from the Nutcracker?
- How many tutus do they have for the Nutcracker and how many do you need for the Sleeping Beauty?
87 and 150
- “but also the
- How do male dancers sometimes get hurt by tutus?
Scratching their faces
- What is special about the tutus in Cinderella?
They are very big
- What happened to the dancer’s tiara in the dress rehearsal of Swan Lake?
It got caught in the tutu
- “it’s becoming a real problem for big
- What part of the costume do many makers not want to do?